- 6 quails
- 6 red onions
- 3 Heads of garlic
- Olive oil
- Fleur de sel
Crapaudine quail, red onions and burnt garlic
- Cut the quails and open them in half on the back side..
- Sear them, skin side down for 10 minutes, turn them over and sear for 10 minutes, turn them over again and sear another 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut onions and garlic in half.
- Place them on the plancha without oil, flesh side down, for 30 minutes.
- Serve by sprinkling quails with fleur de sel and placing roasted garlic and onion on the side.
- Serve with an old-fashioned mustard mixed with olive oil and lemon juice.
Chef Sébastien Zozaya's trick: replace quails with pigeons.